Below is a top ten list of home seller legal mistakes written and distributed by the California Association of REALTORS. Read the list and take heed, and if you need help selling your California home please feel free to call us.
Call Now: (888) 9-List-It.
That’s (888) 954-7848.
Or just use the Contact Us form at the bottom of this page.
Sorry, you have reached your alloted limit of contact requests. This is limited to discourage SPAM. If you need further assistance, please call us at (888) 7-MOVE-ME. That's (888) 766-8363.
1. Accepting the buyer with the highest offer without regard to the other contractual terms.
2. Not properly handling multiple offer situations with multiple buyers.
3. Not properly handling back-up offers.
4. Entering into an agreement with no earnest money deposit from the buyer, or a very small amount.
5. Entering into an agreement before verifying the buyer’s financial ability to close escrow.
6. Not disclosing known material facts affecting the value or desirability of the property or home.
7. Not providing providing the buyer with legally required disclosures.
8. Not obtaining the buyer’s written acknowledgement of disclosures.
9. Not considering whether to require the buyer to remove contingencies.
10. Not excluding items from the sale that the seller wants to keep.