A Redlands short sale is when a homeowner sells their house for less money than they owe on the mortgage or mortgages.
Short selling is an alternative to foreclosure for homeowners/borrowers who can no longer afford to keep mortgage payments current. Sometimes, to avoid going through the costs of foreclosure, a lender will
authorize a short sale by allowing a homeowner to sell the home for less than the mortgage owed.
Simplified Steps of a Redlands Short Sale:
- Homeowner signs a listing agreement with a real estate agent. This short sale listing agreement is subject to third-party/lender approval.
- The Redlands home is marketed to buyers.
- Seller accepts a buyer’s purchase offer subject to the lender’s approval.
- Seller’s lender accepts the buyer’s purchase offer, which is less than owed on seller’s mortgage(s).
- Transaction closes at the end of escrow and when the buyer delivers the funds, the lender releases the seller’s mortgage lien and the property to buyer.
Want to explore what a Redlands short sale can do for you?
Short Sales in Redlands CA
SHORT SALE YOUR HOME IN REDLANDS CALIFORNIA
CALL US NOW: (888) 9-LIST-IT
THAT’S (888) 954-7848
Or use our easy contact form below and we will get back to you ASAP: